CHOUDRANT, La. — A Downsville man was killed on Thursday night after a crash on I-20.
According to Louisiana State Police, the crash happened around 8:15 p.m. on I-20 near Choudrant exit.
Police say 49-year-old Chance Perkins, of Downsville, was traveling east on I-20 when his vehicle hit the rear end of an 18-wheeler. After the crash, Perkins got out of his vehicle and was then struck by another vehicle passing by.
Perkins was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Triple P T makes donation to the Salvation Army in midst of COVID-19 pandemic
- Doctors, nurses face ‘moral injury’ dilemma with COVID patients
- High School principal builds COVID-killing machine
- 18 wheeler overturns on U.S. 165 under I-20, Monroe Police redirecting traffic
- Talk of mask mandate for Louisiana schools causing friction