CHOUDRANT, La. — A Downsville man was killed on Thursday night after a crash on I-20.
According to Louisiana State Police, the crash happened around 8:15 p.m. on I-20 near Choudrant exit.
Police say 49-year-old Chance Perkins, of Downsville, was traveling east on I-20 when his vehicle hit the rear end of an 18-wheeler. After the crash, Perkins got out of his vehicle and was then struck by another vehicle passing by.
Perkins was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Virus death toll in China rises as US prepares evacuation
- Human remains and evidence in missing person case found during Prairie County investigation
- Terry Bradshaw considers Super Bowl ‘very easy to do,’ won’t approach it differently
- Trailblazing 49ers assistant has roots in Chiefs Kingdom
- Monroe City Council will vote on resolution that addresses illegal dumping