BATON ROUGE, La. (WVLA) — At 12:30 p.m., Mr. Johnny Cole was honored for his service to the state as part of the DOTD. Cole was killed in June of 2019 while working in Lincoln Parish.
DOTD said, “Mr. Cole was a Sign Specialist in the Monroe District, an 11-year employee of DOTD, a husband, and father of two young children. The crash that claimed his life could have been prevented.”
Today’s events include a memorial service for Cole and details about safety enhancements for DOTD workers in the field.
- Weekend Forecast – Sunday, January 17th
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: 976 new cases, 1,875 new recoveries
- The Debate Continues: Brady vs. Brees Round Three, Bushrod’s Take
- Saints announce extensive list of roster moves