The Disaster Recovery Center in Monroe (Ouachita Parish), at the Monroe Civic Center, 401 Lea Joyner Expressway, closed Thursday, June 2 at 6 p.m.
The center will reopen at a new location. Officials will announce the new location once that information is available.
Residents can still register for disaster assistance or ask questions by calling the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585.
Those who use 711/VRS can call 800-621-3362.
Lines are open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
They can also register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or www.fema.gov/disaster/4263.
Registration ends on Monday, June 13. Cuando llame al 800-621-3362 (FEMA) marque el 1 y escuche las instrucciones en español. Favor llamar antes del lunes 13 de junio.
Call the helpline to:
• Ask questions about FEMA determination letters.
• Learn how to appeal FEMA’s determination. All applicants have the right to appeal.
• Inquire about the status of a registration.
• Provide change of address, telephone and bank account numbers and insurance information to avoid disaster assistance processing delays.
• Receive information about FEMA home inspections.
• Get other questions answered about federal disaster assistance.
FEMA advises applicants to have their nine-digit FEMA registration number on hand when they call. They also will be asked to verify their identity if they want access to their information.