DELHI, La. — The Delhi Police Department has a lot to thank a Wisconsin-based company for after a big donation.
The department held a ceremony today to thank Royal Recognition for donating the funds to purchase a ballistic vest for the department’s K-9 officer.
The company primarily donates to police departments around Wisconsin but through the social media site Linked-In, Delhi’s K-9 handler connected with representatives from the company.
The chief says the donation is significant because of the vest’s surprisingly high cost.
“My officer wears a vest, but you know primarily most departments can’t afford that much for a vest. So actually the ballistic vest for a K-9 is more than a ballistic vest for a police officer,” says Delhi Police Chief Roy Williams.
Chief Williams says that the extra cost is due to the vests being specially made.
$1,100 was donated to the Delhi Police Department which the chief says is just enough to cover the expense.
- American hotel guest in Thailand faces legal trouble, possibly seven years in prison, over negative hotel reviews
- Tractor accidentally runs over and kills woman sleeping on beach
- Probe finds that ‘egregious disregard for safety’ led to limo crash that killed 20 people
- Fish & Game Forecast – Wednesday, September 30th
- Tampa International becomes first U.S. airport to offer Covid-19 tests