DELHI, La. — A Delhi man is dead after police say he was hit by a train on Monday.
According to the Delhi Police Department, the accident happened on Monday around 3:30 AM near the intersection of Chatham Street and U.S. Highway 80.
Police say the victim, identified as 57-year-old Will Jiles, was laying on the tracks when the train hit him.
Police are unsure if Jiles was asleep or passed out due to other factors.
The coroner has ruled the case as an accidental death.
- Life-saving vests to be delivered to SPD K9s at Run Like An Animal 5K
- Roundball Roundup: Ouachita clashes with West Monroe; OCS girls keep the wins coming
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- LSU’s starting lineup not set with season on the horizon
- LSU Dual-Athlete Mo Hampton ready for baseball following championship season