BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Legislative Auditor has released the audit of Winnfield’s 2018 financial statements.
According to the Auditor’s office, the independent auditor was not able to issue their opinion on the 2018 financial statements due to a lack of “adequate records”.
Also, the Auditor’s office noted that $3,865.70 in landfill fees were stolen over a span of six months. The person believed to be responsible is no longer an employee of the city, and the case is pending.
- Laki Crockett becomes first Franklin Parish girls basketball star to ink collegiate scholarship
- Murder suspect accused of violently attacking school bus driver only four weeks after bonding out of jail
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Revenge shootings continue in Rayne after 2020 murder where accused killer is living with victim’s ex and children
- Ex-court clerk in Mississippi is charged with embezzlement