BATON ROUGE, La. — The Louisiana Legislative Auditor has released the audit of Winnfield’s 2018 financial statements.
According to the Auditor’s office, the independent auditor was not able to issue their opinion on the 2018 financial statements due to a lack of “adequate records”.
Also, the Auditor’s office noted that $3,865.70 in landfill fees were stolen over a span of six months. The person believed to be responsible is no longer an employee of the city, and the case is pending.
- Family speaks out after racial attack at Monroe gas station
- 3 men charged with killing boy, 11, in Mississippi apartment
- Hundreds of George Floyd protesters come out in Arkansas
- Cristobal to bring heavy rain, strong winds to Louisiana
- Police: Man who fell from interstate bridge was found dead