MONROE, La. — The City of Monroe has announced closures and the garbage schedule for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
According to a press release, the City of Monroe offices and the Monroe City Court will be closed on Monday, January 20, 2020. The following locations will be open on Monday:
- Louisiana Purchase Gardens & Zoo
- MUNY (Forsythe) Golf Course
- Chennault Park Golf Course
Garbage and trash that is normally collected on Monday will be picked up on Wednesday, January 22, instead.
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign
- Officer charged in Breonna Taylor case pleads not guilty
- Two men plead not guilty in death of Mississippi store owner