Body found in Bayou DeSiard Identified

Local News
BODY FOUND5_1536695701122.PNG.jpg

UPDATE (9/12/18) 9:00 A.M.  Monroe Police have identified the body that was pulled from Bayou DeSiard yesterday as 36 year old Chasity O. Conway.  The body has been sent to Little Rock for autopsy.  The investigation is ongoing. 

UPDATE (9/11/18) 8:30 P.M. Concerned residents say that there was a hit and run that occurred early Saturday morning. They indicate that it knocked out power for over eight hours. When residents heard the news about a body being found early Tuesday morning, they believe they knew who it was.

Richard Crowe says life in his neighborhood is pretty quiet so it was ironic when a body was found in Bayou DeSiard. 

Monroe Police confirm that around 9 a.m. Tuesday morning the body of a black male was found in the 3700 block of Deborah Drive. 

Right now there’s no telling where the body came from but residents along the east side of the Bayou say the body was floating in their backyard. 

Crowe and other residents say they think the victim is one from a hit and run on Saturday.

“It was very strange, the guy cut down a telephone pole and continued to go another 100 yards and ended up in another person’s yard,” said Crowe.

Crowe states that after the driver crashed, he took off running. He says that he and his neighbors went looking for the man but had no luck.

“I think if we would have made more of an effort to locate the guy after the wreck, yeah he could have possibly been in jail instead of where he is now,” he said.

At this time Monroe Police say they are not ruling anything out. They tell NBC 10/FOX 14 that they are investigating both a hit and run on Deborah Drive from Saturday, and trying to learn the identity of the body found Tuesday morning.


(9/11/18) Monroe Police are currently investigating after a body was found in Bayou DeSiard.

According to police, the body was found Tuesday morning around 9:00 a.m.

A person called saying a body had been found in the bayou in the 3700 block of Deborah Drive.

Police responded and found a black male deceased in the water.

There was no identification found anywhere on the body.

There are no visible signs of trauma as of yet.

The man has been sent to Little Rock for an autopsy.

The investigation is ongoing.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.