Winn Parish, La. (08/07/20)— On August 5, 2020, shortly after 8:00 a.m., Louisiana State Police Troop E responded to a fatal crash on U.S. Hwy 84, near Allbritton Road.
This crash killed 24-year-old Sedrick Swagerty, of Maryville, Tennessee.
The initial investigation revealed a bicycle, ridden by Swagerty, was traveling on the westbound, unimproved shoulder of U.S. Hwy 84.
For reasons still under investigation, Swagerty turned from the shoulder and entered the westbound travel lane.
This action resulted in a collision between Swagerty’s bicycle and a westbound 2007 Dodge pickup.
The collision ejected Swagerty off of his bicycle, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Toxicology samples were obtained and submitted for analysis. This crash remains under investigation.
- Football Friday Night: Close games all around, gridiron action on Friday in Louisiana, plus scores
- Boil Advisory: D’Arbonne Water System North
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- McConnell pledges quick vote on next justice; Biden says no
- AP Exclusive: More migrant women say they didn’t OK surgery