MOREHOUSE PARISH, La. — A Bastrop woman was killed in Morehouse Parish after her vehicle ran off of the road on Wednesday afternoon.
According to Louisiana State Police, the crash happened shortly before 4 PM on Highway 139, just south of Naff Avenue.
82-year-old Shirley Goodman, of Bastrop, was driving her 2013 Chevrolet Equinox north on Highway 139 when, for reasons still unknown, her vehicle veered off of the road. The vehicle struck a mailbox and continued through a fence before stopping.
Goodman, who was properly restrained, was pronounced dead at the scene. A toxicology sample was obtained and will be submitted for analysis. The crash remains under investigation.
- EXTENDED INTERVIEW: Matt Flynn talks LSU’s Season Opener
- Week 3 Cheat Sheet: Can Saints create big plays?
- Hurricane Laura clean up efforts continue
- GOP expecting Trump to tap Barrett for Supreme Court
- Feds: Relax protections for woodpecker endangered since 1970