MONROE, La. (KARD/KTVE)- Discover Monroe- West Monroe hosted their annual Tourism Industry Luncheon on May 7 at Bayou Point on the University of Louisiana at Monroe campus.
According to a press release, awards were given to individuals and organizations that help produce tourism and economic impact in the Ouachita Parish area.
“Through this difficult year for the tourism industry, this event offered an opportunity to recognize those that have shown strong leadership and set an example for others. We are pleased to honor these award recipients and recognize their dedication and efforts in the Monroe-West Monroe tourism industry.” Alana Cooper, Discover Monroe-West Monroe President/CEO said.
Award winners are as follows:
- Association Meeting Planner Award – Troy Gulotta with the National Junior Limousin & Congress Jr. Show
- Sports Event Organizer of the Year – Frank Griffin & Joey Odom with the United State Specialty Sports Association
- Louisiana State Games Award – Dr. Raj Bhandari & Mark Thompson with the Warhawk Open Racquetball Tournament
- Sports Volunteer Service Award – Twin City Marathon Planning Committee
- Hotel Service Award – Keltric Williams with Home2 Suites
- Hospitality Service Award – Doran Smith with Parish Restaurant
- Attraction Partner Award – Melissa Saye with the Northeast Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Restaurant Partner – Chef Cory Bahr with Parish Restaurant and Standard Coffee Company
- Holiday Spirit Award – Ben and Amy Hanson with Candy Cane Lane
- Julia Trichell Award – Sammy Gordy
The guest speaker for the event was Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser.