MONTICELLO, Ark. (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette) — An Arkansas hospital that received $8.8 million in federal money during the pandemic has returned the payment after administrators realized a mistake had been made.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that the federal government has been distributing funds to healthcare facilities that have been hit hard by the pandemic.
Scott Barrilleaux, chief executive at Monticello’s Drew Memorial Hospital, figured out the mix up came from the data the hospital was supposed to give the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The mistake qualified providers for a share of $12 billion in targeted payments for facilities struggling in the pandemic.
- At libel trial, Depp blasts Amber Heard’s ‘sick’ abuse claim
- Country still ‘knee-deep’ in first wave of the coronavirus pandemic, Fauci says
- Foreign students who take all online courses risk losing visa this fall
- Dubach man charged after claiming he had Coronavirus, coughing on deputy
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package