MONROE, La. — An animal caused thousands of Monroe residents to lose power early Thursday morning.
According to the City of Monroe, a major power outage in North Monroe happened around 3:30 AM on Thursday. Entergy officials say that an animal managed to get into and cause damage to a substation.
Around 6000 customers lost power in the areas of Park Avenue, North 18th Street, Garden District, Forsythe Avenue, and Loop Road.
As of 3 PM on Thursday, approximately 1,396 customers in those areas are still without power. The Entergy outage map estimates that power will be restored by 6:30 PM.
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 928 new cases, 26 new deaths as total case count surpasses 161K on Sunday
- Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- ULM’s football team opens up their home opener versus Texas State