UPDATE: (11/14/19) START, La. — A crash involving two 18-wheeler’s yesterday morning claimed the life of a North Carolina man.
According to Louisiana State Police, the accident happened just after 9:30 AM on I-20 near the Richland/Ouachita Parish line.
A previous crash had stopped all traffic in the westbound lanes. A 2020 Volvo 18-wheeler struck did not realize that traffic had stopped and struck the rear of a stopped 2011 Freightliner 18-wheeler.
A passenger in the sleeper compartment of the Volvo 18-wheeler was taken to a local hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries. His identity is being withheld at this time.
The driver of the Volvo was taken to a local hospital for his injuries and was later ticketed for careless operation.
Police say that the crash remains under investigation.
ORIGINAL: (11/13/19) START, La. — An accident on I-20 this morning has closed down the westbound lanes near Start.
According to LA DOTD, the westbound lanes near Magnolia Drive, exit 132, are blocked due to a vehicle accident.
Through viewer-submitted photos, it seems the accident involves at least 2 tractor-trailers.
We have a crew on the way to the scene and will update this article as more information becomes available.
- Florida school first in the world to use synthetic, man-made frogs for realistic dissections
- Chef Berthelot gets the Louisiana cuisine cooking in Atlanta
- Father pays nearly $7,000 in school lunch debt for elementary school kids
- Statements from Vice President and elected Florida representatives regarding the mass shooting at NAS Pensacola
- Downsville man dies after being struck by vehicle following crash in Lincoln Parish