ST. GABRIEL, La. (AP) — An inmate serving 30 years for armed robbery at a Louisiana prison is facing new charges after he allegedly raped a female guard at the facility on Friday. The state Department of Public Safety and Corrections, in a news release, said Erick Dehart, 29, has been charged with aggravated rape. Authorities say the alleged incident happened in a cellblock at the Elayn Hunt Correctional Center in St. Gabriel around 9:30 a.m.. The department did not release any further details about the reported attack. The guard’s name or length of employment was not released.
- A new earthquake warning system, powered by Google, comes to California
- According to the FDA, Trader Joe’s and other salsa products now added to list of recalled onions involved in salmonella outbreak
- Man goes on anti-mask tirade in a grocery store before being hauled outside by another customer
- Park named after police chief who forced Jackie Robinson out of a game gets a new name
- Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks and bans civilians in masks from office