ALEXANDRIA, La. (AP) — A United Airlines flight from Mississippi has been diverted to Alexandria International Airport in Louisiana because of a possible explosive device onboard.
The Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office said two people have been detained as “persons of interest.”
The plane remained on a tarmac, away from the terminal, for more than three hours after landing just before 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
All passengers were removed. No other information was immediately released about the alleged threat, whether a device was found or the people who were detained.
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden’s inauguration
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Practice Report: Three Saints Questionable for Divisional Round
- #5 LSU Gymnastics tops #6 Arkansas in SEC Opener