IBERIA PARISH, La. (KLFY) – (1/31/20) A 62-year-old man was convicted of molestation of a juvenile following a week-long jury trial in Iberia Parish, according to the 16th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.
Peter Derouen’s conviction comes after a November 2015 investigation from the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office into a sexual assault of a juvenile.
According to the DA’s office, the 12-year-old victim testified that while she was at her grandmother’s house, Derouen raped her. The victim also told the court that Derouen had been inappropriately touching her since she was 8 years old.
He will be sentenced on April 13, 2020.
- Police make two arrests and recover pair of unique lizards stolen from reptile shop last year
- Connecticut town renames sewage plant after John Oliver
- Father pleads for help in finding daughter missing since September
- NASCAR clears Kyle Larson to return after suspension
- Scientists measure time in ‘zeptoseconds’ over a century after Einstein’s theory