CLAIBORNE PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – The Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death of a Homer man whose body was found on a rural road early Tuesday morning.
Claiborne Parish Sheriff Ken Bailey says that Jason Staples’ body was found around 3 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Hoodtown Road (LA 533) and LA 146 around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Deputies who responded to the scene initially thought the man had been hit by a car until they realized he had been shot.
“We thought at first it was like a hit and run, pedestrian fatality,” Sheriff Bailey said. “But upon closer contact and investigation, he was shot in the head.”
Bailey says they are still running down leads and have interviewed several people as they continue to investigate, but that “nothing has come of it yet.”
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Trey Holly’s college offers have been rolling in; “It was exciting because I always wanted to play for LSU”| “Keeping my options open”
- Weekend Forecast: Sunday, January 24th, 2021
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine