(KPRC) – (11/13/19) A stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes, sensitivity to light or eye redness could all be symptoms of dry eye. Now doctors have a new way to treat it.
The treatment is called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and it was first used for skin issues like rosacea to close tiny blood vessels that feed inflammation to the eye.
Optomestrist Dr. Allan Panzer says patients undergoing the treatment for the skin condition started claiming their dry eyes also improved, so doctors began to do some research.
“Those vessels are feeder vessels. They feed the inflammation to the eye and by closing them we decrease inflammation to the eye,” Panzer explains. “Then decreasing the inflammation to the eye will make the eye feel better.”
- LHSAA baseball playoffs continue | West Monroe & OCS roll over opponents
- Celebrating 28 years of service at KTVE/KARD; Congratulations Phil Duckworth!
- Distant jurors to hear Mississippi police killing trial
- Biden move to share vaccine designed to spread US influence
- Weak jobs report spurs new arguments over big fed spending