BATON ROUGE, La. (WVLA) — The first person has died from a vaping-related illness in Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
“One death is one too many. We urge people to recognize the dangers of vaping and to stop vaping until more is know about the specific causes of lung injuries that have been occurring in people who use vaping products,” said Dr. Alex Billioux, assistant secretary of the Office of Public Health.
At this time we do not know where this death occurred or the identity of the person who passed away due to vaping.
According to the Louisiana Department of Health, 29 is the average age of someone “diagnosed with vaping-related lung illness.”
The Louisiana Department of Health provided these recommendations:
LDH says “the outbreak in Louisiana now includes 30 total cases.”
You can learn more vaping-related injuries at LDH.
- Doctor sentenced to 23 years for recording minor patients on video, posting child pornography to social media
- Hunter killed by a grizzly bear in Alaskan national park
- Shreveport man sentenced to 19 years in federal prison
- Town of Tullos issues system wide boil advisory
- Despite Louisiana Tech’s late-game thriller, still plenty to work on before playing Houston Baptist this weekend