WEST MONROE, La. (9/12/2019) — Between now and Election Day on October 12, 2019, KTVE NBC 10/KARD FOX 14 is doing “Five Questions for The Candidates”. We talked to over 70 candidates in over 20 local contested races in Northeast Louisiana.
Today, we look at the Ouachita Parish Police Jury race in District F. The candidates are:
- Donnie Bright (D)
- Roland W. Edwards (D)
- Lonnie Hudson (D)
- Verbon R. Muhammad Sr. (I)
- Sonja Smith-Schaffer (D)
- Clifford “Cliff” Thomas (D)
CLICK HERE for our NBC 10/FOX 14’s comprehensive coverage of Election 2019
We asked each candidate running for the Ouachita Parish Police Jury the same five questions:
QUESTION #1: Why are you running for office?
QUESTION #2: What 3 things do you hope to get done during your term should you be elected?
QUESTION #3: What is the biggest issue Ouachita Parish is facing that you will be able to tackle?
QUESTION #4: How will you make Ouachita Parish stand out to businesses considering re-locating to Louisiana?
QUESTION #5: What else would you like to add that we didn’t ask?
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Tickets for the 19th Annual St. Jude Dream Home are on sale now! Get yours today!
- Schumer: Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
- 7 face charges in last year’s attack on restaurant hostess
- Brexit leader to head Mississippi public policy center