ALEXANDRIA, La. (AP) — A sheriff’s office in Louisiana says an inmate was discovered missing during a nightly head count.
News outlets report 33-year-old Anthony Lee Wells is wanted on a simple escape charge.
Deputies says Wells escaped from the Rapides Detention Center #2 in Alexandria on Sunday.
A news release says Wells has previous convictions for burglary. He hasn’t been convicted of any violent crimes and he’s not considered dangerous.
The sheriff’s office says Wells is considered an escapee and anyone who assists him will be charged accordingly.
Anyone with information on his location is asked to call the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office or Crime Stoppers.
- Monroe Police Department looking for runaway juvenile
- Shreveport native who fatally shot husband released from Arkansas prison
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: Gov. Edwards holds briefing on Cristobal, COVID-19 on Friday at 2:30 PM
- Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Investigators searching for suspect in tire and wheel theft
- Cooking with Olivia: Cucumber Salad