MONROE, La. – (12/2/19) Authorities say they have arrested two people from South Carolina for allegedly breaking into a laundromat to try and steal money.
Deputies say they arrived on scene following the alarm going off at a laundromat and found Robert Moore wandering around the laundromat, supposedly acting as look-out while his girlfriend Kathryn Reaves was breaking into the business.
Authorities say the two had conflicting stories until Moore admitted that they had been traveling from South Carolina to Texas and have broken into several laundromats along the way to fund their trip.
According to the arrest report, Moore and Reaves both admitted to breaking in, but Reaves claims she didn’t take anything because the alarm went off. They both say they were trying to survive the road trip to get to Quitman, Texas.
The two were arrested and transported to OCC for booking.
- CHRISTMAS IN DOMO: Vendors, Christmas Pageant, Pearl Harbor remembrance
- Family finds list of ‘no call’ officials in Saints fan’s wallet after he passes away
- Bawcomville celebrates 13th year of the Redneck Christmas Parade
- West Monroe honors Louisiana heroes who lost their lives at Pearl Harbor
- Weekend Weather: Saturday, December 7th