(AP) — (2/12/20) HONDA is recalling 241,000 Odyssey minivans in the U.S. to fix a wiring problem that could cause a fire.
The recall covers EX-L, Touring and Elite minivans from the 2018 through 2020 model years. The company says the wiring harness running to a third-row power outlet may have been pinched and damaged during manufacturing. That can cause a short circuit, which can ignite a plastic interior panel covering. The company has three reports of fires with no injuries.
Honda said that owners will be notified of the recall by mail in mid-March. Dealers will reroute the wiring and cover it with insulating tape. If the wiring harness is damaged, it will be replaced.
- Family of Breonna Taylor and attorneys to address grand jury decision
- LIVE: Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS: Sports betting will be on the November ballot; Decisions made parish by parish
- Murder parolee blows up room at Colorado hotel, gets shot by police, authorities say
- Coffee Mate to release line of coffee-flavored creamers