(AP) – (12/19/19) General Motors is recalling more than 814,000 pickup trucks and cars in the U.S. to fix problems with brake controls and battery cables.
The first recall covers nearly 464,000 Cadillac CT6 sedans and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 pickup trucks from 2019. The second recall covers over 350,000 2019 and 2020 Silverado and Sierra 1500 pickups.
A cable connecting the battery and alternator may have too much glue on it. That can interrupt the electrical connection and possibly cause the trucks to stall or even catch fire.
Starting Jan. 27, dealers will inspect the cables and clean the connectors if needed.
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Governor John Bel Edwards sending 174 national guard troops to Washington D.C. for inauguration