UPDATE: Police identify two suspects in Baton Rouge Walmart incident

News

UPDATE: BATON ROUGE, La. (WVLA) — (8/7/19) Two individuals have been arrested in connection with the incident that occurred on Tuesday at the Walmart at Burbank.

EBRSO provided the names and charges for the individuals below:

  • Jacob Bess, 12/26/86, 8029 Ned Av., issued Misdemeanor Summons for Disturbing the Peace.
  • Robert Tucker, 3/23/75, 1657 Starboard Dr., arrested for Disturbing the Peace, and Aggravated Assault with a Firearm.

More updates will be provided when they become available.


ORIGINAL: BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — (8/7/19) Two men arguing at a Walmart customer service counter pulled guns on each other, setting off a stampede of panicked customers, some of whom thought there had been a shooting.

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff Sid Gautreaux says a preliminary investigation did not find any evidence of a shooting Tuesday at a Walmart store in Baton Rouge, though authorities are still investigating.

The incident occurred three days after a gunman opened fire at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, leaving 22 people dead and dozens injured.

Customers running out of the Louisiana store told deputies they had heard “popping” sounds which they thought were gunshots. Gautreaux says surveillance video showed two men pulling guns during an argument. One was detained. Police and deputies were looking for the other.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Don't Miss