CADDO PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — The coroner’s office has confirmed a third death in Caddo Parish from the novel coronavirus.
According to the Caddo Parish Coroner’s office, 35-year-old Billie Carroll died at 12:43 p.m. Thursday, March 26, 2020, at Willis-Knighton Medical Center on Greenwood Road.
“As with the first two Caddo Parish losses to the COVID-19,” the coroner’s office statement noted, “Ms. Carroll had underlying serious health conditions.”
On Thursday, the coroner’s office identified the first patient to die from the coronavirus in Caddo Parish and confirmed a second.
Both were pastors of churches in the Shreveport area.
The DHH reports 54 of the state’s 64 parishes now have confirmed cases.
As of 12 p.m. Friday, 37 cases reported in Bossier Parish. No deaths have been reported there. The following Northwest Louisiana parishes are reporting cases:
- Caddo – 140 case(s) | 2 death(s)
- Bossier – 37 case(s) | 0 death(s)
- De Soto – 13 case(s) | 1 death(s)
- Webster – 9 case(s) | 1 death(s)
- Claiborne – 3 case(s) | 0 death(s)
- Natchitoches – 2 case(s) | 0 death(s)
- Bienville – 1 case(s) | 1 death(s)
The Louisiana Department of Health website is updated at 12 p.m. daily.