UPDATE 4:48 p.m. — According to Monroe’s Public Relations/Media Coordinator Rod Washington, Monroe Mayor Jamie Mayo is out of the hospital following a crash today in Washington, D.C.
Washington says Mayo has a little soreness, but is doing fine. He has returned to his hotel, and the Mayor plans to resume his schedule of meeting and workshops, beginning tonight, for the remainder of his time in D.C.
WASHINGTON, D.C. (1/22/2020) — Monroe Mayor Jamie Mayo was involved in a vehicle accident today in Washington, D.C.
According to the City of Monroe, the accident happened while Mayo was traveling by taxi to visit with Congressman Ralph Abraham when the taxi was hit by another vehicle.
Mayor Mayo was taken to the George Washington Hospital for observation. Officials say his vitals were good but he was suffering neck and shoulder pain.
Mayor Mayo is in Washington, D.C. this week for the U.S. Conference of Mayors winter meeting and Chamber of Commerce lobbying trip.
- Morning Forecast – Tuesday, October 20th
- Election 2020: Sports betting
- Philippine President Duterte says he can be held responsible for drug killings
- Jacinda Ardern wins second term as New Zealand’s Prime Minister in landslide election
- Record-setting Cameron Peak wildfire consumes more than 200,000 acres in Colorado