NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Authorities on Saturday recovered from a Louisiana lake the body of a man who had been reported missing. The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office says 65-year-old William Segrave left home Thursday afternoon in his 28-foot shrimp boat. The sheriff’s office says he was reported missing Friday after family members found his empty boat still in gear near the foot of the Highway 11 bridge. Authorities found his body about noon. The sheriff’s office says the parish coroner will do an autopsy to determine the cause of death and positive identification.
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants
- Group seeks to build trust in health care among vaccine-hesitant
- Paycheck Fairness Act passes in House, faces uphill battle in Senate
- Shreveport man arrested in Monroe for Carnal Knowledge of a Juvenile