NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans officials say contractors have not been able to recover either of two remaining bodies from the wreckage of a hotel that partly collapsed during construction last year. Fire Superintendent Tim McConnell says they also haven’t been able to tell him when the first body might be recovered. He says he’s been told that the biggest problem is that contractors haven’t been able to obtain a robot needed to remove debris dangling from what were being built as the Hard Rock Hotel’s top floors. McConnell said Monday that contractors hoped to have the first body out by the end of this week.
- BOIL ADVISORY: Weather-related boil advisories, recensions
- COVID-19 in Arkansas: State receives first Johnson and Johnson vaccine shipment, 403 new cases reported
- 3 massive earthquakes strike near New Zealand; tsunami warnings issued
- WATCH: Thomas Morstead reflects on time with Saints after being cut
- LSU Baseball Game 1 vs ORU moved to 1pm first pitch on Friday