FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — (12/8/19) Fayetteville Police Chief Mike Reynolds will hold a press conference at 9 a.m. this morning to provide details of a suspect killing a Fayetteville police officer in the parking lot Saturday evening.
Watch the press conference below:
At 9:40 p.m. on Saturday night, the shots were fired in the back parking lot of the Fayetteville Police Department on Rock Street.
The officer was by his patrol car when he was shot and killed.
Several officers were inside and chased the suspect. The suspect was killed in a nearby alley. “…It appears the suspect executed my officer,” Fayetteville Police Chief Mike Reynolds said.
We will update this story as we receive more information.
- 4 suspects arrested in connection with SAU student’s death, 2 of the suspects are on the current football team roster
- BREAKING: GAC to Suspend all Sports Competition through December 31
- Concerned staff at Tensas Parish Detention Center meets with warden, sheriff; employee says “nothing will change”
- Former Louisiana Tech star Darryl Lewis shares his experiences in new role of safeties coach at El Dorado
- Football Friday Night 2-A-Days Preview: El Dorado Wildcats