FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — (12/8/19) Fayetteville Police Chief Mike Reynolds will hold a press conference at 9 a.m. this morning to provide details of a suspect killing a Fayetteville police officer in the parking lot Saturday evening.
Watch the press conference below:
At 9:40 p.m. on Saturday night, the shots were fired in the back parking lot of the Fayetteville Police Department on Rock Street.
The officer was by his patrol car when he was shot and killed.
Several officers were inside and chased the suspect. The suspect was killed in a nearby alley. “…It appears the suspect executed my officer,” Fayetteville Police Chief Mike Reynolds said.
We will update this story as we receive more information.
- George Kittle: From fifth-round pick to Pro Bowler
- Javonte Smart Scores 20 as LSU Earns Road Win at Ole Miss, 80-76
- 13 year-old, 14-year old charged in early morning shooting in Lafayette
- LSU Women’s Hoops Host No. 11 Kentucky in “We Back Pat” Game
- New Iberia City Councilwoman arrested on DWI, child endangerment charges