LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit accusing Arkansas of not taking adequate steps to prevent the spread of coronavirus in its prisons.
The lawsuit was filed Tuesday by the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas.
It comes a day after the state said the number of inmates with coronavirus at the Cummins Unit had reached about 600.
The lawsuit was filed of behalf of about a dozen inmates, including three at Cummins.
- Louisiana performing better than other Southern states when it comes to Covid-19
- Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office investigating early morning shooting leaving at least one person dead
- Monroe Mayor Friday Ellis hosting press conference to introduce newly appointed police chief
- Morning Forecast – Wednesday, October 21st
- CMT Music Awards to feature trio of hosts, outdoor stages