MAGNOLIA, Ar. — A single-vehicle crash over the weekend injured two people and killed one child in Columbia County.
According to police, the crash happened Saturday just before midnight on Columbia County Road 36. A 2002 Buick LeSabre was heading east when the vehicle started going off of the road. Police say the driver, 38-year-old Charles Jones, over-corrected and ran off of the opposite side of the road. The vehicle then began to overturn and then struck a tree.
Police say that the driver was injured along with two passengers, 34-year-old Shaekymia Williamson and an unidentified male child.
Another passenger, who was identified as 3-year-old Rae’Lee Jones by the Magnolia Reporter, was killed during the accident.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Police guide that calls BLM a terrorist group draws outrage
- White House report: Arkansas in COVID-19 ‘red zone’ but seeing stability in new cases
- Grambling man killed in early morning crash on I-20
- ASP: Prescott woman found dead outside home; Rosston man in custody
- Say goodbye to emotional-support animals in airplane cabins