FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The CARES Act steering committee approves a proposal by the Arkansas Department of Human Services to fund mental health services to veterans during this health crisis.
A total of $3.4 million will be dedicated to funding this service for veterans and their families through service organizations.
To be eligible your organization
1. Needs to demonstrate a history of service to Arkansas veterans
2. Have demonstrated strategies for engaging Arkansas veterans
3. Have been in operation since March 1 of last year
Organizations must apply before Wednesday, November 18. The application link can be found here.
- UPDATE: Krewe of Janus cancels 2021 Mardi Gras Twelfth Night, Ball, and Parade
- Ashley County Medical Center temporarily postpones elective surgeries as coronavirus continues to spread
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Former LSU, Lutcher star talks NFL playoffs
- Florida librarian dies weeks after teens ran her over with vehicle, deputies say