LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas has reported a near-record increase in coronavirus deaths.
The Department of Health on Wednesday reported 65 new deaths from COVID-19, bringing the state’s total fatalities since the pandemic began to 3,901.
The increase was the state’s highest since it reported a record 66 deaths on Dec. 29.
The state’s virus cases rose by 3,705 to 242,593. Its COVID-19 hospitalizations declined by two after several days of hitting new record highs.
There are 427 COVID-19 patients in intensive care units around the state.
- Weekend Forecast – Sunday, January 17th
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: 976 new cases, 1,875 new recoveries
- The Debate Continues: Brady vs. Brees Round Three, Bushrod’s Take
- Saints announce extensive list of roster moves