LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas has reported a near-record increase in coronavirus deaths.
The Department of Health on Wednesday reported 65 new deaths from COVID-19, bringing the state’s total fatalities since the pandemic began to 3,901.
The increase was the state’s highest since it reported a record 66 deaths on Dec. 29.
The state’s virus cases rose by 3,705 to 242,593. Its COVID-19 hospitalizations declined by two after several days of hitting new record highs.
There are 427 COVID-19 patients in intensive care units around the state.
- ‘All I can do is do better,’ Teen shares social media troubles, hopes to help other young girls before it’s too late
- #15 LSU Softball falls in Game One at NC State
- #3 LSU Gymnastics finishes sixth at NCAA Championships
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants