HARRISBURG, Ark. (AP) — Two people killed in the crash of a twin-engine plane in rural northeastern Arkansas have been identified as Jonesboro residents.
Poinsett County Sheriff Kevin Molder said in a statement that the Monday morning crash near Weiner, about 97 miles northeast of Little Rock, killed 52-year-old pilot Sean Wesley Stem and 41-year-old passenger Nickoles Lee Warren.
An initial report by the Federal Aviation Administration says the plane crashed under unknown circumstances and caught fire while still during takeoff.
Molder said the bodies were sent to the state medical examiner’s office in Little Rock.
- OPSO deputies intercept stolen vehicle during high speed chase down I-20 East
- Weekend Forecast: Sunday, April 11th, 2021
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- K9 cadaver dog alerts “twice in the same area on the river,” search for missing LSU student to begin again on Sunday morning
- LSU AgCenter announces online butter making class