HARRISBURG, Ark. (AP) — Two people killed in the crash of a twin-engine plane in rural northeastern Arkansas have been identified as Jonesboro residents.
Poinsett County Sheriff Kevin Molder said in a statement that the Monday morning crash near Weiner, about 97 miles northeast of Little Rock, killed 52-year-old pilot Sean Wesley Stem and 41-year-old passenger Nickoles Lee Warren.
An initial report by the Federal Aviation Administration says the plane crashed under unknown circumstances and caught fire while still during takeoff.
Molder said the bodies were sent to the state medical examiner’s office in Little Rock.
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 2,654 new cases, 31 new deaths on Tuesday
- Rate of guns seized at airport checkpoints jumped in 2020 despite fewer travelers
- GSU and Whataburger to celebrate grand opening of Tiger Resource Room
- ‘No Hard Feelings’: Patriots fans still rooting for Brady