GRAVETTE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The Arkansas Patriots organization released a statement denying any affiliation with Richard Barnett, the Gravette man pictured with his feet on a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office during the riot at the U.S. Capitol Wednesday.
“Richard Barnett is in no way, nor has he ever been affiliated with the Arkansas Patriots.
The only contact we’ve ever had with him was when he was removed from a Back the
Blue Rally in Fayetteville, AR because of his words directed towards BLM members who
were also present,” the release from Arkansas Patriots said.
Members of the Arkansas Patriots describe themselves as “every day, hardworking, dedicated Arkansas citizens who have taken an interest in the safety, security, and care of our local communities, cities, counties, and our great state as a whole.”
“We do not condone, nor do we tolerate racism or discrimination of any kind,” the organization said, regarding Barnett’s actions at the U.S. Capitol as well as local rallies.
Since being identified in photographs and video from the riot in Washington D.C., Barnett turned himself in to the Benton County Sheriff’s Office on Friday morning and is currently in FBI custody.
- Van riddled with dozens of bullet holes found in Mississippi River
- #1 Oklahoma comes to Ruston to face Lady Techsters |Grambling baseball comes back to take down Southern
- Grambling State’s softball series against Southern is postponed to tomorrow, Monday, & Tuesday
- Weekend Forecast: Saturday, April 10th, 2021
- Arkansas man arrested for drugs and battery of Greyhound bus passengers in Downtown Monroe