Russellville, Ark. (01/22/20)— Anthony Langley Jr., age 24, of Russellville, has been identified as the individual who died during an exchange of gunfire with state and local law enforcement officers in Pope County earlier today.
The Arkansas State Police is investigating the use of deadly force by a law enforcement officer.
Langley’s body is being transported to the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory where a manner and cause of death will be determined.
Upon completion of the investigation, special agents of the state police Criminal Investigation Division, will submit the findings to the prosecuting attorney to determine if the use of deadly force was consistent with Arkansas law.
- China threatens retaliation after new U.S. arms sale to Taiwan
- Morning Forecast – Thursday, October 22nd
- Hundreds ordered to evacuate as Colorado wildfire rages
- First arrests made in push to reduce Covid-19 unemployment fraud in Louisiana
- Peter Madsen, Danish inventor convicted of killing journalist Kim Wall, recaptured after prison break