LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas health secretary Dr. Jose Romero on Thursday extended the 11 p.m. closing time for bars, restaurants and clubs that serve alcohol for 30 days in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
An order issued Thursday by Romero says that in consulting with Gov. Asa Hutchinson it was deemed necessary to extend the 11 p.m. closing until Feb. 3 to help control COVID-19.
The previous order issued in November was to expire Sunday.
The state health department reports that as of Wednesday there have been 222,430 total coronavirus cases and 3,637 deaths since the pandemic began.
- Weekend Forecast – Sunday, January 17th
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: 976 new cases, 1,875 new recoveries
- The Debate Continues: Brady vs. Brees Round Three, Bushrod’s Take
- Saints announce extensive list of roster moves