FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas guard Mason Jones has declared for the NBA draft.
Jones made the announcement on social media, and the University of Arkansas confirmed the decision with a congratulatory statement.
Jones was The Associated Press’ co-SEC Player of the Year. The 6-foot-5 junior averaged 22.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game this season.
He shot 45.3% from the field overall and 35.1% from 3-point range.
In his post, he thanked the fans and his family and close friends.
He called playing in the NBA a “lifelong dream.”
- Black Lives Matter protesters peacefully march to state capitol
- Officer in Breaux Bridge apologizes for ‘immature’ Facebook post about protesters
- Bills aimed at easing reentry sent to Louisiana governor
- Many states scrambling to update hurricane plans for virus
- Homeless Florida student to graduate as valedictorian