(AP) – (2/1/20) Seven of Winston Churchill’s paintings and one of his sculptures are on view through March 21 at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
A news release says the exhibit at the university’s Hilliard Art Museum is titled “The Art of Sir Winston Churchill” and was organized by the U.S. National Churchill Museum at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri.
In addition to Churchill’s own work it includes two sculptures by other people and a lithograph made by one of his granddaughters.
National World War II Museum historian Keith Huxen says Churchill once told a friend that painting kept him alive.
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- NRA declares bankruptcy, plans to incorporate in Texas
- Macaulay Culkin ‘sold’ on digitally removing President Trump from Home Alone 2
- Jackson Parish woman dies in mobile home fire