NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Louisiana woman was killed early Saturday in a wrong-way crash on Interstate 55. Louisiana State Police said 23-year-old Hannah Mcallister, of Hammond, was driving southbound in the northbound lanes of I-55 when she struck a sport utility vehicle. Investigators say the SUV was pushed off the road and it overturned and caught fire. Mcallister’s vehicle then turned in front of another car traveling northbound that struck Mcallister’s vehicle on the passenger’s side. WVUE-TV reports Mcallister died as a result of her injuries.
- A new earthquake warning system, powered by Google, comes to California
- According to the FDA, Trader Joe’s and other salsa products now added to list of recalled onions involved in salmonella outbreak
- Man goes on anti-mask tirade in a grocery store before being hauled outside by another customer
- Park named after police chief who forced Jackie Robinson out of a game gets a new name
- Florida sheriff orders deputies not to wear masks and bans civilians in masks from office