NEW ORLEANS, La. (WGNO) – Minutes after LSU secured a National Championship with a decisive win over Clemson, fans swarming Bourbon Street broke into an extremely fitting song.
As a bar on Bourbon pumped out Queen’s classic hit “We are the Champions,” LSU fans couldn’t help but join in.
The result was a moment many will never forget, and some will never remember.
But LSU’s perfect season and national title earned in front of a hometown crowd in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome will definitely go down in history.
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?
- Barrett tied to faith group ex-members say subjugates women
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign