Natchitoches Parish (KTVE/KARD) (11/16/20)— On November 15, 2020, shortly after 12:00 p.m., Louisiana State Police Troop E responded to a single-vehicle crash on I-49 north of Natchitoches.
This crash claimed the life of 77-year-old Carroll J. Thomas of Coushatta, who was not wearing a seat belt.
The initial investigation revealed a 2012 Dodge 3500 pickup, driven by Thomas, was traveling southbound on I-49.
For reasons still under investigation, Thomas lost control of his vehicle, exited the roadway, and struck a tree.
Thomas sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A toxicology sample was obtained and submitted for analysis. The crash remains under investigation.
- Football Friday Night: First round matchups in Louisiana; third round in Arkansas
- ‘You can shop and be safe in your own hometown,’ Small businesses urge support during this holiday season
- Pandemic not stopping Black Friday shoppers
- Beast of the Week: Trio of MAIS Champions
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions