BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office has arrested two men accused of providing illegal drugs to a man that caused him to die of an overdose last year.
On June 19, 2020, sheriff’s deputies responded to a call about an unresponsive man in Arnaudville. That man, pronounced dead at the scene, died from an overdose of illegal drugs, according to the sheriff’s office.
The sheriff’s office arrested two men on Wednesday in connection to the overdose.
Those men are 29-year-old Chance Thibodeaux of Arnaudville and 30-year-old Tory Phillips of Lafayette.
They were booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Second-degree murder
- Criminal conspiracy to distribute Schedule I CDS — Heroin
- Criminal Conspiracy to distribute Schedule II CDS — Fentanyl
- Distribution of of Schedule I CDS — Heroin
- Distribution of Schedule II CDS — Fentanyl
- Lawsuit filed against ‘Fixer to Fabulous’ hosts
- Monroe man arrested with a large supply of PCP
- LSU Falls In Heartbreaker Against Alabama, 6-5
- Mega Millions could bring you multi-millions as jackpot climbs well over $400M
- Two more teams return home as state baseball champions: Oak Grove and Choudrant; West Monroe falls to Barbe in Class 5A title bout