NEW ORLEANS, La. (AP) — New Orleans police have identified the man accused of fatally shooting a Walmart employee and wounding another person.
Police say 21-year-old Kentrell Baham was arrested Monday and charged with second-degree murder.
Police say an unidentified officer immediately apprehended the shooter, an action which may have saved “many other lives” in the store crowded with shoppers early Monday evening.
A male was found with a fatal gunshot wound to the chest and a female victim was shot in the foot but is in stable condition.
Investigators say they have not yet determined a motive for the shooting.
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- WATCH: West Monroe Police help local boy celebrate his 8th birthday
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 236 new cases, 15 new deaths on Monday
- TODAY: La. lawmakers start 30-day special session on COVID-19 measures
- UPDATE: One person dead following Monday morning crash on I-20