NEW ORLEANS, La. (AP) — New Orleans police have identified the man accused of fatally shooting a Walmart employee and wounding another person.
Police say 21-year-old Kentrell Baham was arrested Monday and charged with second-degree murder.
Police say an unidentified officer immediately apprehended the shooter, an action which may have saved “many other lives” in the store crowded with shoppers early Monday evening.
A male was found with a fatal gunshot wound to the chest and a female victim was shot in the foot but is in stable condition.
Investigators say they have not yet determined a motive for the shooting.
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Tickets for the 19th Annual St. Jude Dream Home are on sale now! Get yours today!
- Schumer: Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
- 7 face charges in last year’s attack on restaurant hostess
- Brexit leader to head Mississippi public policy center