Rapides Parish (08/14/20)— On August 12, 2020, shortly after 4:00 p.m., Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop E began investigating a three-vehicle, fatal crash on Louisiana Highway 28 East at the intersection of Esler Field Road and Barron Chapel Road. This crash took the life of a Pineville teen.
The initial investigation revealed a 2016 BMW, driven by a juvenile, was traveling westbound on Louisiana Highway 28 East.
As the BMW approached the intersection of Esler Field Road and Barron Chapel Road, the juvenile maneuvered into the left turn lane in preparation to make a left turn onto Barron Chapel Road.
For reasons still under investigation, the juvenile driver failed to yield to a 2010 Ford F-150 eastbound on Louisiana Highway 28 East.
As a result, the Ford F-150 struck the BMW which caused it to exit the roadway. As the BMW exited the roadway, it struck a 2016 Toyota Avalon stopped at the intersection of Barron Chapel Road and Louisiana Highway 28 East.
The BMW was occupied by one juvenile driver, one juvenile passenger, and one adult passenger.
The juvenile driver and the adult passenger, who were restrained, sustained moderate injuries and were transported to a local hospital.
The juvenile passenger, who was also restrained, sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Ford F-150 driver sustained moderate injuries and was transported to a local hospital. The Toyota Avalon driver sustained no injuries and refused aid.
Toxicology samples were obtained and submitted for analysis. This crash remains under investigation.
- Home away from home: Thanks to desegregation lawsuit, Lincoln Prep to play football games away from Eddie Robinson Stadium
- LSU leaders want more students tested for COVID-19; worried about bars reopening
- Saints looking to find more ways to feed Alvin Kamara the ball
- Helping families with Christmas presents; How to be a sponsor of a child this Winter
- Judge approves $800M settlement for victims of Las Vegas shooting