OAKDALE, La. (AP) — Louisiana’s State Fire Marshal says the 12th Louisiana resident to die in a house fire this year may have been trying to stay warm.
A news release says the victim’s body was found in a bedroom after the Oakdale Fire Department put out the blaze Thursday afternoon.
His identity has not been confirmed but he’s believed to be a 56-year-old man who lived in the house.
The statement said deputies have not determined the cause but cannot rule out the possibility that a space heater in the living room was too close to combustible objects.