Slidell, Louisiana (CNN)(03/10/20)— You might be too busy to go to the grocery store, visit your parents, or eat a good breakfast, but one Louisiana man told police he’s been too busy to renew his tags — for almost 23 years.
A Slidell Police Department officer pulled over a man for an expired license plate that hadn’t been renewed since 1997, they said on Facebook.
When the officer asked the man why, the driver replied, “Sorry, officer. I’ve been busy lately and totally forgot to renew my vehicle registration. I will take care of it as soon as I get home,” police said.
Louisiana drivers are required to renew their tags every two years.
The Facebook post didn’t name the culprit, and police didn’t respond to CNN’s request for more information.
- LDH attributing fourth death to MIS-C on Monday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 562 new cases, 24 new deaths on Monday
- Relatives say Bossier City man shot by police suffered from mental illness
- Florida hospital loses body of newborn baby, lawsuit says