MONTEGUT, La. (AP) — Louisiana State Police say sheriff’s deputies shot and killed a man who was firing a rifle at them.
Authorities say Terrebonne Parish sheriff’s detectives were sent to a home in Montegut on Tuesday afternoon to investigate a report of an aggravated assault by a man with a rifle.
State police say the man began shooting after they tried to negotiate with him.
The man died at a hospital. Nobody else was hurt.
Authorities have not released the races or identities of those involved.
State police are investigating the shooting.
That’s standard procedure in Louisiana for shootings by local officers.
- Hometown Health: Vantage Health Plan and Affinity Health Group hiring
- Music City Studios announced as West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce Member of the Month for May
- VCOM looking to fill NELA’s need for primary care physicians
- BOIL ADVISORY: East Richland Water System issues partial boil advisory
- FDA authorizes Pfizer vaccine for emergency use in children as young as 12 to get shots